Netgear Extender Setup | Netgear Range Ext Setup
Wondering what are the Netgear WiFi Extender Instructions for setup? Well! You have landed on the right page. Here, we are going to provide step by step instructions to complete the setup of your wireless range extender. However, before you proceed, there are certain requirements you need to understand and that you can find in the user-manual you got with your device. So, let’s move ahead, and read the simple Netgear WiFi Extender instructions to complete the setup process.
Netgear Extender Setup: Basic Requirements
- Make sure that you place the router and extender within the same room.
- Provide the extender an uninterrupted power supply. Also, check and make sure that your WiFi is working fine.
- It is recommended to have at least two web browsers installed on your device. Sometimes, users find it hard to login to the extender using the web address or IP address, this could be due to browser issues. So, if this happens, you will have an alternative to access the login page.
Netgear Extender Setup Methods
There are two ways of settings up the Netgear Wireless Range Extender: Manual Method and WPS Method. Below, we have discussed both the method in detail. So, choose the one as per your preference and setup the extender without any trouble.
Netgear Extender Setup: Manual Method
This process is also known as the ‘Web Browser Setup’ method. Steps to follow are:
- Turn on your Wireless Range Extender by plugging it into the electric outlet.
- Connect the Extender to the WiFi.
- Now, you need to run the ‘Network Manager’ and connect to the network.
- Open a web browser on your system and visit the mywifiext.net login website. Now, you need to log in using the username and password. Since you are connecting for the first time, you c use the default ‘username’ and ‘password’.
- Once logged in, followed the onscreen guidelines to proceed next. After creating the account, you need to choose the network to which you would like to extend.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Proceed with onscreen guidelines, at last, tap on the ‘Finish’ option.
So, this is how you can complete setting up Netgear Extender with the manual method. To know how to use the WPS method for setting up an extender, read the guidelines below:
Netgear Extender Setup: WPS Method
The WPS setup method is the most convenient way of completing the Netgear Extender setup process. Following are the step-by-step guidelines to do the task:
- Turn on your Netgear Wi-Fi extender.
- Find the WPS button, press and hold the button for about 5 seconds.
- Now, you need to press the button on your router.
- The device LED will turn to solid green showing that your router and extender configuration is successful. If you are using the dual-band range, you may need to repeat the same process.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi range extender’s home network with the same passcode you used to connect the router network.
- Open the web browser and visit the extender local access page and log in.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the Netgear extender setup process.
That’s All! You are done with Setting Up Netgear Extender for a home router. Now you can enjoy uninterrupted internet connectivity over your home or office. The aforementioned guidelines are simple and let you complete the setup process without any trouble. But, if you still have a doubt or there is any other technical query hampering your experience, contact the experts. The professionals can give you the best possible advice to fix the issue and make sure that nothing compromises your internet and browsing experience.