How do I reset my Netgear WiFi Extender
Is your Netgear WiFi Extender giving you a hard time? Well! Netgear Extender Reset can help you to troubleshoot all the issues. When you reset the extender, it removes all the previously made custom settings, and bring the Extender back to its default settings. You need to reset the Extender to its factory defaults when it starts showing you strange signals like; Extender not working, unable to login, network slow, or freezes. A simple Netgear Extender reset can help you to fix all these troubles. So, read on and find the simple guidelines to complete the task.
Factory Reset Netgear Extender: Guidelines To Follow
Below, we are going to share some simple steps that can help you to reset your Netgear Wireless Range Extender. There are two ways of resetting the Netgear Wireless Range Extender. You can either press the Factory reset button present on the device, or you can use the web user interface to do the task.
We would like you to remember one thing that Factory reset will delete all the customized settings including the username, network name, password, security settings. A Factory reset can help you when you are unable to recover the admin password of your extender.
Hard Reset Netgear Extender: Steps To Follow
- Check and make sure that you have plugged in your Netgear extender to the power outlet.
- After this, you need to find an object like a paper clip or pen to press the reset button.
- Press and hold the button with the help of a pen or paper-slip for at least 5 seconds. Once you see the Extender LED blinking amber, you can release the button.
- Wait until your Extender reboots.
- Once the rebooting process is complete, your Extender will be set back to the default factory settings.
That’s All! your Netgear Extender Reset using the Factory reset button is now completed. Setup the Extender again and extend the WiFi signals without any trouble.
Factory Reset Netgear Extender: WEB User Interface
Following are the step by step instructions for Netgear WiFi Extender Reset using the Web GUI Interface:
- Plugin your Netgear WiFi Extender to the electric outlet and turn it on. Now, you need to connect the Ethernet cable from your PC to the extender or using the WiFi.
Important: If the Extender LED is blinking Solid green, this shows that your device is presently connected.
Now, you need to open a web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, type mywifiext.net and hit the enter button. In case the web address is not working, you can try using the IP address to login.
- On the login page, you need to type the email and password, hit the Login button. The default login values are username is ‘username’ and password is ‘password.
- Now, you will be directed to the Netgear Genie page, here you have to click on the ‘Settings’ option and the ‘Other Settings’.
- Hit the ‘Reset’ button and tap on Yes to proceed next.
- Now, until the browser interface to complete the reset process.
Once the device reboots plug into the power outlet and completes the setup process.
We hope that the aforementioned guidelines will help you in completing the Netgear extender reset for your device. All the instructions are simple and easy to execute. But, if you still have doubt, or there is any other technical trouble hampering your experience, contact the experts. The professionals will help you with reset and also suggest some useful tips to make the extender functioning better. Get in touch and reset your Extender without any hassle.